VEGAS TRADES GOLD IMAGE

VEGAS TRADES GOLD IMAGE

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I NEED A HUG



                                        Just Like Me Somedays

Back in the day, when trading pits ruled the world, there would be some days that came along when everything you did was either wrong or misguided. It almost seemed like you couldn’t spit and hit the ground. Even the lowest 1 lot scalper scum that slithered along the exchange floor would snicker as you walked by. Clerks looked at you like your zipper was open or you had drool on your chin [or regrettably both].

When I felt like this, I would stretch my arms and hands as if to buy, and scream out,

“Hey, I need a hug!”

Of course, the obligatory spit balls, used chewing gum, flying Frisbee trading cards, golf tees, and other trader memorabilia would come hurtling in my direction along with suggestions about my sexuality and colorful verbal recommendations regarding my mother’s ancestry.

“Ahhhhhh, the memories…”

I want to apologize to everyone that has been looking forward to my trades via C2, or my scalper trades via Twitter; these last couple of days I feel like the guy who got stood up at Prom, and as a result just haven’t had the gusto to even turn on the computer. Don’t worry, I’ll be back trading tonight or tomorrow, and if I have disappointed you I am sorry.

I thought, and was led to believe until yesterday, that things could be worked out at Assets FX for mirrored trades; the half-truths I was fed have just turned me off and make me want to join the circus.

I’m not in a state of self-pity or depression, but more disappointed in the fact that the more things change, the more they stay the same; the trading industry is still the same predatory animal as it always has been. On so many levels this bothers me.

I’ve put the staff on some projects to see if this situation can be solved with some bank out there wishing to build a business; we’ll see what turns up in the weeks ahead.

Have a great day everyone.

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment