VEGAS TRADES GOLD IMAGE

VEGAS TRADES GOLD IMAGE

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

THE DEATH OF A MARKET



                                         If Gold Were A Person

No matter how hard you don’t want to see it, the reality is that gold trading has devolved into a total clusterfark. Oh sure, you can wade into the shark pool and give it a go; the dealers will welcome you with open arms. The fact is though, the Las Vegas Bellagio will give you a better value for your money than anything the dealer [or futures] community can possibly offer you.

It isn’t that you can’t make money; the problem is that you can’t define risk.

What sense does it make to expect a $3 loss on a sell stop order and get filled anywhere from $5 - $20 per Oz. lower [or worse]?

There is no way I’m going to contribute to the college education of a bunch of whiny dealer brats. Trading has gotten to the point that Asia, along with most of the European Session, is a shadow of its former self; and really, who can blame them. If you are an Asian or European account, why do anything until the manipulators show up @ 8 AM Eastern Time to slam the NY open or jack it $8 higher?

Risk? You simply can’t define it to any reasonable level that makes any sense. And believe me, $20 + per ounce risk on a trade is just stupid. Thanks, I’ll keep my money.

I’m not saying I have absolutely given up on gold, just that right now you can’t trade it.  The last couple of weeks have proven that. The long term algorithm is not designed for 1 bar wonders that are manipulated by the BIS & The Fed. I’ll keep my eye on it, but from week to week, I’m not going to just sit here and watch profitable currency opportunities go by the wayside while my attention is riveted on the gold market.

I’ll have more on the FX pair that has my attention probably tomorrow or Friday. Until then everyone, leave gold alone.

Have a great day everyone.

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment