VEGAS TRADES GOLD IMAGE

VEGAS TRADES GOLD IMAGE

Monday, June 25, 2012

A HIGHER CALLING


                                    This Can’t Be An Accident

Markets can wait a day. Gold, EURUSD, EURJPY, and all the others will be here tomorrow for me to comment. They will go up and down, but at the end of the day they will still be around and waiting for tomorrow.

No, today is reserved for something far more important than markets. There are at least two moments in a person’s life that have very special meaning; once when he/she stares into the abyss and wonders if there is a tomorrow, and when he/she is touched by God to do the extraordinary.

Are all of us who trade just defined by money? Were we born to just accumulate houses, bank accounts, cars, boats, vacation houses, Rolex watches, and Canadian Maple Leaf gold coins? Was I born just to be a trader with a credit balance? Is my whole life to be summed up by the old adage, “He who dies with the most stuff wins the game?”

“Geeeeez, in my heart and soul I hope not.”

Once, I stared straight into the abyss, and my mentor Burt pulled me out. Everything I have in the world I ultimately owe to him and a few others. It takes all of us way too long to learn no man is an island.

“Burt, wherever you are smiling, I want you to know that the most precious gift I treasure from our all too brief time together is knowing in my heart  that you cared when you didn’t have to. Now, it’s my turn.”

Within these past few months, I have come in contact with a family that needs our collective financial help. In a metaphorical sense, this isn’t about giving them fish; this is about helping a family that wants to learn how to fish.

While I provide some financial and other support, I absolutely don’t want this to be about me; I very much would like it to be about us. Can you, my beloved readers, and I come together through our mutual love of markets and make a difference in the lives of a single family facing a financial crisis?

I have set up a PayPal account for donations [ www.paypal.com ]. Please give whatever you can and make your donation to the email address barryhaigh@ymail.com and I will see that the money is directed properly. Please just check off the “friends and family” box at PayPal.

Now, I’m not some kind of 501 3(c) charity, professional fundraiser, or somebody in an Armani suit trying to get you to write a check to some campaign; I’m a trader by profession. But trading does not define me. It does not sum up to the person I am or want to be.

All I am is one individual trying to make a difference in the lives of a family that needs a break in a world gone completely nuts. They are good people staring into the abyss, and although they don’t know it yet, I’m not going to let it happen. At some point we all have that spiritual awakening inside us that commands us to do the right thing; this is one such moment for me and I would like you to join me.

In the days, weeks, and months that follow, I will provide the specific storyline and photos here on the web site, and how your contributions made a world of difference. Surprise, I’ll be adding pages to “Vegas Trades Gold” that take us away from trading but into humanity. For those of you who think traders are only about money, you are so, so wrong.

I’m not asking for the world here; give as little or as much as you feel you can, and we’ll see where the chips fall and take us.

I’m not Anna Wintour demanding you cough up a measly 40K to get your mug shot with Chalky Soetero in a completely worthless waste of money [and by the way, don’t be late]; I’m asking you to join me, from the trading community, to show this family that there are people who care when they don’t have to; that life should be about humanity and helping others. Not because somebody told us we have to, but because we want to.

“You gonna sit there and tell me nobody ever helped you?”

Tomorrow it’s back to all the worlds problems and how they can’t possibly be fixed with the clowns heading things up; and the obligatory dips and rips in the market that follow their inane comments. So, until tomorrow everyone, have a good day.

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment